Perth dog kennels 10 things to look for in a Kennel
Dog kennels are a great option for pet owners in Perth who need to leave their furry friends behind while they’re away on vacation or a business trip. A good kennel will provide a safe and comfortable environment for your dog to stay in while you’re away. However, not all kennels are created equal, and it’s important to do your research before entrusting your beloved pet to one. Here are some things Perth dog kennels 10 things to look for in a Kennel when choosing a kennel for your dog.
- Proper Size and Spacing: The kennel should have enough room for the dogs to move around comfortably and not be cramped. Make sure to check the size of the individual kennels and the amount of space between them to ensure that your dog will have enough room to stretch out and move around.
- Cleanliness: The kennel should be kept clean and free from any odors or debris. This is important for the health and well-being of the dogs staying there. Make sure to check the kennel’s cleaning schedule and ask to see the kennel before committing to leaving your dog there.
- Adequate Ventilation: The kennel should have good airflow to keep the dogs cool and comfortable. Make sure to check that the kennel has proper ventilation to ensure that the air is circulating and the temperature is regulated.
- Proper Lighting: The kennel should have enough light for the dogs to see and not be in darkness for long hours. This is important for the dogs’ physical and mental well-being.
- Safe and Secure Enclosures: The kennel should have sturdy and secure enclosures to keep the dogs safe and prevent them from escaping. Make sure to check the security of the enclosures, including the locks and fencing, to ensure that your dog will be safe and secure while staying at the kennel.
- Access to Fresh Water and Food: The kennel should provide fresh water and food for the dogs at all times. Make sure to check that the kennel has a system in place for providing fresh water and food to the dogs and that they’re fed according to their individual needs.
- Proper Temperature Control: The kennel should have a way to control the temperature to keep the dogs comfortable in all seasons. Make sure to check that the kennel has a system in place for regulating the temperature to ensure that the dogs are comfortable in all weather conditions.
- Adequate Exercise and Playtime: The kennel should provide opportunities for the dogs to exercise and play. Make sure to check that the kennel has a schedule for exercise and playtime to ensure that the dogs are getting enough physical and mental stimulation while they’re away from home.
- Proper Medical Care: The kennel should have a plan in place for providing medical care to the dogs if they become ill or injured. Make sure to check that the kennel has a veterinarian on call in case of emergencies and that they have a protocol for dealing with any medical issues that may arise.
- Staff Qualifications and Experience: The staff at the kennel should be qualified and experienced in caring for dogs, and should have a genuine love for animals. Make sure to check the qualifications and experience of the staff to ensure that your dog will be in good hands while you’re away.
Read more – Best Dog Kennels in Perth