Perth and South Perth Guide to Great Cat Food
Perth and South Perth Guide to Great Cat Food: Hey lads and lasses!! Are you thinking about keeping your cats strong and healthy? Are you struggling to choose the right food?
Don’t worry ! Have a look through this article about great cat food
Cats are cute and they required good nutrition to stay healthy and prevent them from getting sick.
But choosing the correct food will be a great struggle in order to provide the cats the best.
The cats food should be contained the following factors.
- Life stage
- Health conditions
The best dry cat foods are rich in protein and low in carbs, yet provide sufficient amounts of moisture to address your cat’s water needs.
Here are some few things to consider while choosing the cat food,
- Enriches in protein
- Completed and balanced Nutritional food
- Free of harmful ingredients
- Formulated with Vitamins and minerals
- Without artificial colours or flavours
- Minimum amount of crude protein, fat and fibre
How to choose the best cat food at Perth?
This by far is the most important aspect of Cat Food.
If your Cat food is not complete and balanced, then it cannot provide the nutrients that your Cat requires on a daily basis for good health.
Essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants are all required by Cats.
Perth and South Perth Guide to Great Cat Food: What should be the first ingredient?
The first ingredient on a Cat food label should be meat, poultry or fish-based foods not grains or vegetables.
Cats are obligate carnivores which means they only get nutrition from animal proteins.
Grains have no place in Cat Food especially if it’s being touted as complete/balanced for your cat because carbohydrates contribute nothing nutritionally to cats but will add calories that could lead to obesity over time with excessive weight gain leading to health issues like heart disease, arthritis etc.
Artificial colours and flavours do nothing more than add unnecessary calories to Cat foods which will lead to obesity over time if fed regularly.
It’s best to stay clear from these ingredients especially when buying Cat Foods online where everything isn’t revealed on the label.
Cat food without artificial colours or flavours is best to ensure Cat health.
Wet Cat food VS Dry cat food…. Which is the best?
Dry cat food is the more popular choice because it’s convenient,
cost-effective and odourless. Dry foods can be stored for long periods.
Dry Cat Food is also easy on the Cat parent wallet because it’s normally priced more affordably than wet food and doesn’t spoil quickly like canned foods.
The main drawback is that dry Cat Foods are typically higher in carbohydrates.
Wet cat foods also offers the benefit of causing fewer stomach problems than dry so if your furry friend has a sensitive stomach, this might be a better option!
Cat parents who are concerned about their Cat’s health or weight might also opt for wet Cat Food since it has higher protein levels, which may help with weight management.
The Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) has established some guidelines for regulator to govern what must be included in a pet food label and what a pet food company can legitimately claim and what they cannot.
Start by looking at the name of the pet food. AAFCO requires that if the food is advertised to contain a single ingredient, it must contain at least 95% of that ingredient, not including added water.
Likewise, if a combination of ingredients is advertised, that combination must comprise at least 95% of the food. For instance, if the food claims to be made solely of beef, beef must make up 95% of the food.
If the claim is turkey and beef, then the food must be 95% turkey and beef combined.
Checklist of Selecting food.
- Check the food and make sure it contains the animal
- Keep in mind that ingredients are listed by
- Ingredients that contain large amounts of moisture (such as beef, poultry, chicken, or fish) are likely to be at the top of the list because of the moisture
- Consider having grains and glutens in the
- Take lifestage in to
- Analyze nutrients
- Research your cat food
where to house your pets if on holiday?
- We, At Boarding Kennel Perth are dedicated to provide care for your pets while you are
- For further assistance you are welcome to contact us at boardingkennelperth… Don’t hesitate to ask
- Your pet is in their familiar setting (especially good for cats)
- There’s no danger of damaging other people’s things
- Food, toys, yard, cage, are already set up and your pet already knows the lay of the land
- No other animals to compete or fight with
- Your pets can eat the same foods as usual and can keep up with their daily routine
- The people looking after your pets can also watch the house for you (taking in mail, cleaning walkways, turning on lights, ).
Signs of poor nutrition in cats
Perth and South Perth Guide to Great Cat Food: A lack of protein and fat in a cat’s diet might damage its coat. Cats may have localised hair loss, which leaves vulnerable skin in those areas open to injury. Another potential outcome is that the cat’s hair loses its pigmentation and no longer seems as vibrant and beautiful. If you want your cat to have healthy, shiny hair, you need to feed them a diet rich in protein and fat.
It’s possible that the hair might lose its natural moisture and shine while also becoming brittle and difficult to manage.